Buying a motorcycle is an exciting item to purchase. You just can’t wait to get on the open road and cruise through the streets. Once you have your gear, your helmet, and the rider’s jacket, you’ll need to secure insurance for your vehicle. There are a few things you should know when it comes to having motorcycle insurance and the insurance agents at Allegiance Insurance Agency in Richardson, TX can go over your options when you’re ready.
What to Expect
There are three things that you should know before you purchase motorcycle insurance.
- According to the Texas Department of Insurance, everyone who drives must provide proof of financial responsibility. Proof of responsibility is determined by the amount of money and assets you own. For those individuals who are not independently wealthy, financial responsibility means acquiring insurance.
- In Texas, you need to have liability insurance in order to ride.
- Bodily injury liability can help with an injured person’s medical needs.
- Property damage liability is useful if you cause damage to another person’s property.
- Premiums are usually less expensive on motorcycles than on cars or trucks.
Optional Motorcycle Coverage
Although motorcycle insurance may be less expensive than car insurance, you don’t have to stop at the minimum coverage. Adding collision and comprehensive coverage could help cover your vehicle’s repairs after an accident.
- Collision coverage is used to repair your bike if you hit another vehicle or an object, such as a building, or a tree.
- Comprehensive coverage is designed to be used to repair or replace your motorcycle after an accident.
Stop by Allegiance Insurance Agency in Richardson, TX has supportive agents that can guide you through your policy and help you determine what insurance you need before your motorcycle journey begins.